MBL er svært kritisk til nulltaksering. Ordningen er et unntak innenfor nettnøytralitetens hovedregel om lik behandling av all datatrafikk, og betyr at mobilbrukeres datakvote ikke belastes når man bruker utvalgte innholdstjenester. Her er oppsummering av uttalelsen (som er skrevet på engelsk):
• We are strong supporters of an open, neutral and transparent public Internet. It is a necessary condition for free, professionally edited media to thrive for the benefit of an open and democratic society.
• The practise of zero-rating challenges and undermines the very nature of net neutrality and needs to be curtailed.
• It is impossible to delineate satisfactorily the scope of a zero-rated service. The nature of digital innovation is that traditionally clear barriers between what used to be separate markets and products and services have broken down.
• Adverse effects on media pluralism by zero-rating should be given serious consideration.
• We invite BEREC to strengthen its Guidelines with this in mind, and we ask that these concerns are reflected in the revised assessment methodology.
Les hele uttalelsen her